There seem to be new ways to make money online every day, but not all of them are realistic, and some of them take more time than they are worth. One popular internet side gig is taking paid surveys. It’s a great way to earn some extra cash, but is it worth your time?
Let’s explore the pros and cons of taking online surveys for money so that you can decide for yourself if it’s a good fit for you. We’ll also introduce you to one of the best-paid survey sites to get you started.
The Pros of Taking Paid Surveys Online
Taking paid surveys online has quite a few pros. Besides the fact they are easy money, let’s look at what people love about taking online surveys for money:
- Flexibility: Online surveys can be taken at any time, making them ideal for people who have busy schedules and cannot commit to a traditional job.
- Convenience: You can take online surveys from anywhere, whether you are at home, at work, or on the go.
- Extra income: Online surveys can provide an additional source of income to supplement your regular salary or help you pay off debts.
- No special skills required: You do not need any special skills or qualifications to participate in online surveys. All you need is a computer or smartphone and an internet connection.
- Easy to join: Signing up for online survey sites is easy and typically free of charge.
- Low barriers to entry: Many online survey companies do not have strict eligibility criteria, so anyone can participate regardless of age, gender, or educational background.
- Variety of surveys available: There are thousands of different surveys available online, covering a wide range of topics and interests.
- Fun and engaging: Online surveys can be enjoyable and rewarding, especially if you are interested in the subject matter.
- Minimal commitment: Unlike a traditional job, you can take as many or as few surveys as you like, giving you complete control over your time and schedule.
- Bonuses and more: Many online survey companies offer bonuses and rewards for completing surveys, such as cash prizes, gift cards, and other incentives.
The Cons of Taking Paid Surveys Online
Unfortunately, there are also some cons associated with taking surveys for cash online. This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do them, but you should be aware of them anyway.
It’s important to understand that you can’t rely on surveys as a steady source of income. Numerous surveys may not always be available, and the money you make per survey can vary greatly. That means that if you’re counting on surveys as a primary source of income, you are probably going to be disappointed. To get a better idea of how much money is realistic, read How Much Money Can You Make With Paid Online Surveys?
Another con is that many paid survey sites require you to sign up for their panels and wait for surveys to be sent out. This can be time-consuming, and the number of surveys you receive may not be enough to make it worthwhile. However, you can avoid this by doing your homework first and working with survey websites that have plenty of surveys available.
While making some extra cash by taking surveys can be exciting, remember that you won’t typically see the rewards immediately. It can take time for surveys to be approved and points to be awarded to your account. Another con of taking surveys for money is that you won’t get paid on the spot. Most survey sites enable you to cash out after a certain amount is accumulated. Other websites payout on specific days.
Unfortunately, not all survey websites are on the up and up. This is, perhaps, one of the biggest cons of taking surveys online. But if you do your research and know how to avoid these scam sites, you can safeguard yourself.
Avoid Scam Survey Sites
As mentioned, scam websites are a con, so being cautious of them is vital. Unfortunately, some dishonest survey sites want to take your money or personal information without giving you the rewards you were promised. To make sure you don’t fall for a survey scam, be sure to keep the following things in mind:
- Look for any hidden costs. Some survey sites will try to charge you fees for extra services or to join membership programs. If a survey site requests even a small fee, then it is likely a scam.
- Stay away from sites that prompt you to provide sensitive personal information. Legitimate survey sites will never ask for your bank details, national insurance number, or social security number.
- Don’t trust survey sites that guarantee large sums of money. It’s unlikely that you will be able to make hundreds of dollars in a single day from taking surveys.
- Avoid sites that ask for official documentation or for you to upload official documents. Genuine survey sites will not ask for this. This is a form of phishing, and it’s a scam designed to steal your personal information.
Always make sure to do your research and only take surveys from reliable sites. This will help ensure that you get paid for your time and effort. For more tips and ideas on how to find legitimate survey websites, read Is Taking Money for Surveys a Scam?
Do Your Research
Research is your friend if you want to get paid to take surveys. By doing your research ahead of time, you’ll ensure that you have a positive experience with the survey site you choose.
Make sure to search for reviews of the survey site you’re interested in and read a variety of them. This will help you get a thorough understanding of how other people have fared when using the particular site. Look at different aspects of the site, including the ease of use, the type and amount of surveys available, and the amount of money you can expect to make for each survey.
Taking paid surveys online can be an excellent way to make some extra money. With more than 3,000 survey sites to choose from, there is an abundance of opportunities to make a passive income. However, finding the right ones can be challenging. You want a paid survey website that is legitimate, pays well, and has many available surveys.
We’ve done the work for you! Branded Surveys is one of the most highly reviewed online paid survey websites out there. They’ve been in business since 2012. Thus, they have over a decade of experience supporting their user base and dependable clientele. This survey website has received over 75,000 favorable Trustpilot evaluations, with an overall rating of “great.”
With Branded, it’s easy to sign up and get started right away. Plus, there is an abundance of readily available surveys. And the best part? This site offers fast payouts in the form of cash or gift cards from dozens of popular retailers.